Fri, Jan 13|
Country Inn & Suites (Hermantown)
January 2023: EWN Meeting featuring Yvonne Novak
5 Estate Planning Mistakes made by Women
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2023, 11:50 AM – 1:10 PM CST
Country Inn & Suites (Hermantown), 4257 Haines Rd, Duluth, MN 55811, USA
About the event
5 Estate Planning Mistakes made by Women
- Leaving decisions/finances up to the spouse;
- No plan for lifetime disability;
- Ignoring the elephant in the room;
- Doing your estate planning yourself; and
Yvonne sees the results of mistakes made in a woman's estate plan on a daily basis, and heirs spend a lot of money to fix those mistakes. She will educate us on the proper way to set up your estate plan and leave us with tools to create a secure future for ourselves and our heirs.
About Our Speaker
Yvonne M. Novak received her Bachelor of Arts Degree from the College of St. Scholastica and her Law Degree (Juris Doctor) With Distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law. Prior to opening her law firm in 2007, she worked as a paralegal, investment representative, and licensed nursing home administrator.
A native of Wisconsin, Yvonne has been a Minnesota resident for the past 35 years. Licensed in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, Yvonne understands the significance of your particular legal problem and takes pride in providing practical solutions tailored to the needs of the client.
Areas of Practice
- Wisconsin, 2003
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2004
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota J.D. Honors: With Distinction Law Review: University of North Dakota School of Law, 2001 – 2003
- College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minnesota B.A. Major: Health Service Management Major: Computer Information Systems
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Past Member Eleventh District Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Duluth Area Professionals BNI
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Past Member Federal Bankruptcy Practice Committee
- State Chair National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Pro Bono Activities
- President, Board of Lake Superior Community Health Center, 2004 – 2007
- Member, Volunteer Attorney Program, 2003 – Present
- Past Member, Leadership Duluth
- Member, Duluth Curling Club
Additional Meeting Information:
MEAL SERVICE: Our venue allows us to bring in outside food, so we invite you to BYOL - Bring Your Own Lunch! Coffee and water will be available. If desired, you may bring your own food and beverage, such as a bagged lunch or take-out meal. Dessert will be provided for all by our January Dessert Sponsor.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: There will be "Announcement" forms on the tables that you can fill out and give to your table host. After the speaker is done, there will be time for table hosts to share all announcements with the group. After the meeting, your announcement will be posted on our Facebook page at facebook.com/ewnnorthland and in our EWN Members Facebook Group: EWN Conversations & Connections.
MEMBERSHIP: We are updating our membership terms to make it easier for all to track and maintain. Instead of annual memberships that renew on January 1 each year, you may now purchase a one-year ($40) or recurring membership ($35/year) on any date, and it will be good for one year from that date. The recurring membership will automatically renew each year using your entered payment method until you cancel. Cancel at any time! We will have a "First Choice" prize drawing for all of the people that signed up for membership in the month prior to each meeting. Visit our website to learn more: ewnnorthland.com/membership.
Check-in & Networking
Greeting and EWN Announcements
1/13/2023 EWN Meeting (BYOL)
EWN General Admittance Ticket to Meeting Only (No meal provided): Yvonne Novak. Coffee and water will be available to all participants. You may BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch) and beverage, if desired. Dessert will be provided for all attendees by our January Dessert Sponsor, American Family Insurance (Allison Hanig-Landrus).$10.00